Friday, May 1, 2009

Storytime

It's much later in the day than when I usually write my daily blog post. I have been waiting - all day - for some inspiration on a topic. But God is good, and late though it may be according to my schedule, God is always right on time.

Okay, that I am going to say one more time: God is always right on time.

Yes, friends, God is always right on time...

What I want to share today is a quick story. I had a friend a few years back who talked all the time about the conversations she had had with Jesus. She's day, "I was asking Jesus about this or that, and then He said blah blah blah back to me..." I'm pretty sure Jesus is far more articulate than "blah blah blah," but you get the idea. I realized, in time, that I was jealous. Jealous of her relationship, jealous of these seemingly constant conversations. So, I prayed about it.

"Lord," I prayed, "I wish I could have a relationship with you like that." And you want to know what His answer was? It makes me smile as I remember it not; God is often far more economical with His language than I seem to ever be. "You can," He said. Oh. Ohhhh.

So I started talking to God. I started talking in a way that was different than the ways I'd ever talked before. The difference, the real difference was that I expected Him to meet me there. And He did. And He does. Not always in the ways I think He will, and not always with the clear plainness of "blah blah blah." But, honestly and truly, He talks to me as much as I'll listen.

That's my story, and I am pretty sure He told me to share it with you. Goodnight, friends. It's time for me to get back to a talk I am having with an old Friend. Love to all.

No comments: