Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Be Called

Short and sweet tonight. Nothing is sweeter than the word of God...

"Be careful, or your hearts will be weighed down with dissipation, drunkenness and the anxieties of life, and that day will close on you unexpectedly like a trap. For it will come upon all those who live on the face of the whole earth. Be always on the watch, and pray that you may be able to escape all that is about to happen, and that you may be able to stand before the Son of Man." Luke 21:34-36 (NIV)

I try to remember to take my time in the mornings. I try to consciously take each part of my day and hand it over to Him. I ask Him to help me yield, to help me remember that the project at work isn't my project, that my friends are HIS children, that my relationships are for HIS glory. It's easy to worry - when I think I have something to worry about. There is always much that is "about to happen." Of course, this passage spoke of a certain context, but the message is clear to me: I want to stand before Him knowing I kept my heart, mind and energies focused on Him and His will. Period.

Distraction is easy. To truly yield is to live is to live a calling. Be called.

No comments: