Saturday, May 16, 2009

Help Me Hold It

Aren't we lucky to have the opportunity to have real relationship and communion with our God?

This will be a short one today; I just wanted to share with you a simple reminder that I received today.

I was praying about a situation that has been long ongoing in my life, and one over which I have offered up much prayer. I have known from the beginning that this situation I couldn't control. I've known I needed to let go of it in every way I could. Out of my hands; in His hands. What confuses me sometimes is wondering about how I should pray. Do I ask for what I want to have happen? Do I pray for His will instead? Do I pray for both? I know I pray for them to become one. But I don't want to not do the part He asks me to do; I don't want to stop praying. Sometimes, I just don't know exactly what I should pray.

So, thankfully, I remembered today that I could ask Him that too. I just asked Him to teach me how to hold this thing in my prayer. I asked Him to show me exactly how He wanted me to pray.

Now, don't get me wrong; I am going to keep praying while He teaches. But I also trust that He is teaching me moment by moment. What a loving and might God He is. I honor You today, Lord! Thank You for all You do for me!!!

No comments: