Friday, May 29, 2009

Holy Hands, Lifted in Prayer

This really struck me today:

"I want men everywhere to lift up holy hands in prayer, without anger or disputing." 1 Timothy 2:8 (NIV)

Isn't this really the essence of what it's all about? People everywhere loving God. All of us praying. Lifting up holy hands...hands made Holy through Jesus' work...no anger...no disputes. I can imagine it in my mind's eye. Hopefully you, too, have had the opportunity to witness something similar to what is in my head. Men, women, children maybe... all lifting up their hands, praying with a heart of worship, coming to Him in Spirit and in Truth.

This last New Year's eve, I was able to be a part of an event for middle school and high school aged youth. As the clock struck midnight, I got to watch these young people worshiping the Lord in earnest. What a way to ring in the new year...! I felt an intense wave of emotion and remember thanking God for the privilege of watching that moment. They were absolutely beautiful. Young, tender hearts absolutely pouring out in authentic adoration of their Savior. I have goose bumps just remembering the moment.

So, yes, as I remember that, I definitely am filled with a desire of my own to see all mankind life their holy hands to heaven in prayer.

Whatever I can do to be a part, Lord... I'm in! Here I am! Send me!

No comments: