Wednesday, May 27, 2009

He'll Do What He Says He'll Do

"And I tell you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened." Luke 11:9-10 (ESV)

I find myself challenged tonight to really believe the words of truth I've copied above. I have come such a distance in recent months on this journey of believing God. I have a short (but wonderful) list of specific promises and words that the Lord has spoken into my heart, and I praise His holy name that I am actively, presently, deeply believing Him and trusting Him for their fulfillment. I believe.

And like the precious father whose story I hope is never far from my heart, I must echo his words and sentiment:

"At once the father of the boy gave [an eager, piercing, inarticulate] cry with tears, and he said, Lord, I believe! [Constantly] help my weakness of faith!" Mark 9:24 (AMP)

Yes, I believe; I believe! And, I must ask, please, dearest Lord, help me with my unbelief!

I seek. I ask. I knock and I knock and I knock. And there are certain doors it is hard to believe are in the midst of a slow opening. And yet, His word remains true and I judge Him faithful who has made these promises unto me. I stand on the Word of God. I need no better foundation.

No comments: