Thursday, May 21, 2009

Stuff He Does

I had a really bad day. Work stuff, nothing major, but blah. Not a fun day. And then, in the word, this one jumped off the page at me:

"Now then, stand still and see this great thing the Lord is about to do before your eyes!" 1 Samuel 12:16 (NIV)

Here's the best part about this verse: the words that are translated to "to do" as in the what the Lord is about "to do" is in a tense that represents something beginning, yes, but also ongoing. And toward the beginning, the part that says "stand" is in a true command. So, here's what God had to say to me today, on a day that was all but totally blah for me, God commands me to stand in position and see (perceive, behold, discern, enjoy, and respect) the GOOD the Lord is about to do, and keep doing. Awesome. Thank You, Lord!

No comments: