Thursday, May 28, 2009

Count Your Blessings

This is going to be a short one tonight; my schedule has been crazy lately. Hope y'all don't mind my quickies...

Tonight I just want to put in a plug (mostly for my own sake) to remember to get outside of myself. It's been extra stressful and busy at work lately, and what I am called to remember is that focusing on myself keeps me stuck there. When I focus on Jesus, I am reminded of the things on which Jesus kept His attention: ministering to others in love, time in prayer and communion with the Father. When I keep my attention focused on these things, me and my tiny world slip into proper perspective. His eyes see with a different sight, and a different view... a properly adjusted view. And when I stay nearer to Him, not only in my time, but also in my mind, I give Him more opportunity to renew my mind and transform my person. It's easier said than done, but when it's done, it's totally worth it.

No comments: