Monday, March 9, 2009

What Does He Say Is Important?

I got myself a little overwhelmed today. I'm running low on sleep, which I know is not a great starting-point for my day... and somewhere along the way, I started to feel stressed about a too long list of things that are definitely not that important.

Anyway, in the midst of that, I heard a story that reminded me about sticking close to the truth, and remembering that, at the end of the day, our primary purposes are about what God wants for us: about relationship with Him, about bringing the love of Christ into the world, and about bringing glory to Him. It's amazing how quickly, with a reminder like that, all the other "noise" can slip away.

I have heard it said (and you probably have too) that rather than looking forward or looking back, when we're struggling, all we need to do is look up. Sort of the "keep your eye on the prize" principle, I guess.

It's simple, and maybe that's best.

"'You are my witnesses,' declares the LORD,
and my servant whom I have chosen,
so that you may know and believe me
and understand that I am he.
Before me no god was formed,
nor will there be one after me."' Isaiah 43:10

No comments: