Thursday, March 26, 2009

Plans, Plans & More Plans

The Bible has a LOT to say about God's plans for us... as well as some excellent advice about how we're to go about making and pursuing plans in our lives. But there was a verse that caught my attention today:

"However, as it is written: 'No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him'" 1 Corinthians 2:9 (NIV).

I was praying this morning about my life today, and how different it is from where I once was. God has been incredibly kind and generous with me. His sweetness and mercy show in a million places all over the landscape of my life. I'm very blessed. I am in this wonderful place where I feel like the Lord is starting to reveal some of His plans for me, and some of those that have been previously revealed are coming to be my present reality. It's so fun!

I am pretty sure that He knows that I have a hard time adjusting to certain things, so a lot of time, He is gracious enough to give me a sort of "heads up" so I know where He's taking me! Don't get me wrong; there's a lot unknown, and the timing is almost always very, very unknown... but sometimes He shows me the path we're on. The trick, I find, is to just make sure to let Him lead. :)

What I'm starting to realize more and more is that, His plans are always good. Over time, I've even gotten to a place in which I find myself to be SO excited for what He has planned next.

Okay, I'm going to warn you. I'm about to make what may be the cheesiest statement on this blog to date. I know, I know, but seriously, it's genuine. So, here it is.

I feel a little bit like life is just this giant gift, and each day is opening the wrapping just a little bit more and more. There are new surprises, new delights. Sometimes there's a paper cut. Sometimes there's a remarkably sweet find. But it is always good. Because HE is good.

I do a lot of guessing; I admit it. And I still can't seem to keep myself from trying to have input from time to time... but, I am glad to rest in the assurance that His plans are beyond what I can even imagine! I have found that He doesn't always give me what I want; but He always gives me what I need. And from my own personal experience, I can truly say that when I get what I need, it is always better than what I thought I wanted in the first place.

No comments: