Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Going My Way?

Well, if anyone ever wanted convincing that going against the ways of the Lord is a bad idea, try reading Deuteronomy 28. A lovely passage on blessings that come from following the ways of the Lord is quickly followed by a lengthy description of the many horrible things that will be visited upon those that do not obey His word. Seriously, it's some wretched stuff!

So, what I feel led to write about tonight is pretty simple. Over time, I feel like I've cultivated a sort of sense of the Spirit and what happens in my life when I'm moving in opposition to His will for me. Hard times always come in life. There's no doubt in my mind that this is the true nature of a fallen world. But, there is a certain type of resistance that comes into my world when I am working against Him. Thankfully, these days, I more often am able to recognize the converse smoothness of life lived within the trajectory of His designs. I've said it before, and I am sure I will say it again and again: when God gets involved in His own plan, watch out! Amazing things happen!

So, for me, I'm going to remember that when life is pushing me in on sides that feel uncomfortable, it's smart for me to ask God for His help in discerning what's what. Sometimes, when I feel like I'm pushing against the world to accomplish something, it may be because I'm not meant to accomplish it. And, when I feel the exciting whoosh of live in full swing around me, precisely because I am leaning and moving forward into His ways, I will remember to give praise and thanks to the One who helps me get there!

No comments: