Wednesday, March 18, 2009

"Blessed Are the Peacemakers"

Okay, well, I'm not feeling anything very profound coming on today... but this is what came to me when I prayed about what to use for a topic:

"Blessed are the peacemakers..." Matthew 5:9a (NIV).

Beth Moore astutely pointed out in one of her teachings that it's the peacemakers who are blessed... not the peacekeepers. In truth, she may have being just a tiny bit cheeky anyway...but, I do think it's a good point!

There is a big difference between working toward peace, and just avoiding rocking the boat. And this I can attest to from first hand experience.

Rather than go into some long exposition, I feel led to just leave it at that. I will encourage you to do what I plan to do today: think about the areas in my life in which I am a peacekeeper as well as the areas of my life in which I am or could be a peacemaker. What does the Spirit bring to you in those thoughts? I'd love to know!

No comments: