Monday, March 23, 2009

Fussy

As I sat down to start working on today's post, I felt like I was drawing a blank. "I don't know," I thought, "I'm not in a good mood. I'm tired, and my computer is acting up. I don't know what to write about." This attitude is what my old roommate used to refer to as being "fussy." Yeah, I was feeling kinda fussy. But, as things seem to often go, that got my mind started down a path... What, I wondered, did the Word have to add to this day? Am I supposed to just sit through it and let this day pass, crossing my fingers to wake up feeling better tomorrow?

Nah, I don't think so....

"Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.

He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.

Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint" Isaiah 40:28-32 (NIV).

I was acting like I didn't know; I was feeling like I hadn't heard. But (praise be), He gives strength to the weary, and increases the power of the weak. Ah... Everlasting God, how good You are!

It may sound silly (and, really, it is in its own way), but I have to remind myself quite frequently to lean on Him for my strength, for my energy. And, when I turn to Him, when I release myself from the captivity of trying to be my own source, He is always there. And He is always willing. And what's more is that He isn't just sitting there, begrudgingly agreeing to help me because, you know, it's in His contract or something. He loves us. He died to prove it. And the word reminds me that, even when I have days like today, days in which I've failed to turn to Him from the start and find myself tired... even on those days, He is there and ready to embrace me when I turn to Him.

A quick search of the Psalms helped supply a few things I know that I need help remembering...

The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble... (Psalm 9:9)

The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer... (Psalm 18:2)

He is a shield for all those who take refuge in Him... (Psalm 18:30)

He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge... (Psalm 91:4)

And those are just a tiny sampling! Remember, He lifts us up! He is the only way to walk through this life - not crawl and struggle! How grateful I am for His goodness and faithful Love! And, glad, too, for the "fussy" mood that helped serve as a reminder!




P.S. This is my 100th post! That's crazy to me! :)

No comments: