Sunday, April 5, 2009

Small Lives?

I've continued to think about yesterday's topic... what we expect from God. And He's put a question of conviction on my heart:

In how many areas of my life am I simply just living in acceptance of "less than" what He has planned for me, because I fail to believe and even expect more from Him?

When we start thinking that we have less or live smaller because of our failures, shortcomings or imperfections, we are turning to reliance upon ourselves. I'm going to go a step farther and say that, at least for myself, when I turn to my own self, it's because I'm failing to believe that He IS all powerful, all loving and all sovereign. When I rely on me, it's because I expect less from Him than from I expect from myself. Ouch.

I'm going to leave this here for today. I expect there may be more on this topic. God's laid it on my heart. Stay tuned. Please consider yourself in regards to this idea, too. Where do we live in a way that is small and yet continue to call our lives territory of the God Almighty? It's not a question to condemn, although maybe it is for conviction. His plans will take it from here, I think. Much love to all.

No comments: