Friday, April 3, 2009

Cooperation

So, I admit it... although my true heart's desire almost always is to do things God's way (thank you, Lord for that submission!), sometimes, I still have a way of my own. I have all sorts of ideas about how things could be done, what the timing might be and so on and so forth.

I got a wonderful reminder today though. Even though I may have some ideas, and even though my ideas might yield a decent result, when I yield to His will, His way, His plan, His standards and His power, it is always better.

In truth, through the gift of freewill, God has given us a fair amount of latitude. But what I know is this, when I surrender my ways to Him, and get on board with HIS plan, I always get the best result. The challenge to my heart some days is to really believe that. To believe that His plan is truly the path to my greater good, and this His ways are perfect. In truth, what this often boils down to is believing - really - that He is who He says He is. That the Bible tells of a God whose love for us is more astounding than we can even conceive. And that His love is action.

The key is cooperating. Working with Him, in the midst of a much bigger picture and plan than you or I could ever undersatnd. I want to step into life - my life - and join in with Him in what He's doing. I bet it saves a lot of energy for both of us when I do that.

My heart has been moved, and today I believe. Thank You, Lord, for that grace! Help me do you it Your way, and let me trust You for an even greater harvest!

No comments: