Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Moments without Words

Believe it or not, I have times, moments and situations when I am truly at a loss for words. I have found myself with a hurting heart, a frightened spirit or a baffled mind...and when I come to Him to pray, sometimes I really just am not sure what to say.

I have one prayer I picked up from a Beth Moore tip a few years ago. When I don't know what else to say, sometimes I just ask Him to "Be big." I have definitely come to the feet of the cross in moments of fear, hurt or confusion and said, "God, I don't know...Father, I just don't know. Please, just be big. Be big in my life. Be big in my heart. Be big in the situation. Please, just be big." Thankfully, we serve a very, very big God. He has yet to let me down.

I have another one that I recently picked up from a song whose lyrics came back to me this weekend in one of those moments where I really didn't know what to pray. The lyrics declare, "Jesus, Your name is power, breath and living water!" Ahhh, I love just typing that; gives me goosebumps! And, yes!!! Yes! Yes!!

So, what "prayer" did I take from this? I just started repeating that very phrase over and over again... "Jesus, Your name is power! Jesus, your name is breath - and living water! Jesus, I declare Your name over this moment, over my heart, over my fears. You are Power; Your name is power, Lord! Jesus! Jesus! Jesus! Your name is power!"

And I swear to you now, that prayer was powerful. I could feel it! I could sense it! And my internal "situation" changed immediately! There is power in the name. There is power in His very being. He is life. He is breath. He is living water. And simply declaring that - as many times as you need to - is, I have no doubt, a refrain that the enemy and all his minions hear. They must tremble!

So, friends, this may be a simple message, but I know I can always use the reminder. There is power in even His name! Use it! He offers it up freely, and (I have to think) rejoices when you call!

No comments: