Thursday, June 25, 2009

Remembering

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus... I forget that you do not work on my command.
I forget that you do not work on my timeline (instantaneously).
I forget that you are loving and good and on my side in ways that are far, far beyond my comprehension.
I forget that you are You.
And I forget that I am only me.
I forget that I am human.
I forget that I am not in charge.
I forget that I am not perfect.
I forget.

And then I remember.
I remember that Your Father-heart created the delicacy and sweetness of nature's babies.
I remember that You gave me Your Holy Word as a guide.
I remember that I am Yours.
I remember the freedom in submission.
I remember the freedom in surrender.
I remember the peace in bowing down.
I remember that You run the world in a way that is far better than I could ever imagine it.
I remember that You love me. And that Your love is active. It does things. YOU do things.
In my life.
In my world.
In me.
I remember who You are.
I remember who I am.
I remember, and I can do nothing more than thank You.

No comments: