Monday, February 9, 2009

Got Power?

Okay, if any of you are like me, and sometimes just need a mental booster, try this on for size....


"And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit, who lives in you" Romans 8:11 (NIV).


Okay, back up... I always need to remind myself to really take this in, "the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you". Okay, one more time. "the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you."


Okay, Lord, please forgive me when I doubt Your power, doubt your ability or doubt the freedom You have set aside for me!


I know it's crazy, but I have to admit that, at times, I do find myself doubting, unconsciously, whether or not God's power is enough. I know, I know. I mean, I don't consciously sit around thinking, "Well, I don't know...God? I'm not sure He's up for the task." But, what my actions demonstrate is that, sometimes, I'm not sure. What other explanation is there for my doubt, my fear and my consistent attempts to "help"? And yet, listen to what the Truth tells us here.


The power that raised JESUS from the dead... okay, seriously, as I've heard this pointed out before by others, if I don't think that power is enough to help tackle my issue, whatever it may be on a given day... well, if I doubt that, I need a readjustment in my view! I mean, really! What problems do I have that are bigger than raising from the dead the one who died with the sins of the world on His shoulders???


Okay, that's what I thought. Not so much.


So, amen & hallelujah! There isn't anything we can face that is more than what His Spirit can overcome. Just a reminder; no room for doubt. It is spelled out quite clearly. Thank You, Lord!

No comments: