Thursday, February 19, 2009

Believing in Our Capabilities in Him

Two key verses related to what I'm pondering today:

"I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you" Luke 10:19 (NIV).

&

"Who is it that overcomes the world? Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God" 1 John 5:5 (NIV).

Continuing on in the same line of some of the things I've been writing about lately, I think these two verses are incredibly powerful when I keep in mind that the language of the Bible isn't accidental. It says here that those to whom Jesus was speaking were given the authority to overcome all the power of the enemy. I invite you to stop with me and think about that for a minute... the authority to overcome ALL the power of the enemy. No excuses, no worries. ALL power. Dang. That's amazing.

And, personally, I think the key to unleashing the power in this authority is found in this second verse. Who is it that overcomes?!? He who believes.

We have - within our very believing hearts - free and complete access to a power that overcomes ALL that is against us. Lord, teach us how to believe this fully. Let us walk in victory and shine as shining beacons of Your great light!

As always, I invite your comments, friends... love you!

No comments: