Monday, September 28, 2009

To Show Himself Strong

I'm nearly certain I've written about this specific verse before, but the Lord has brought it back into focus for me, and shown me a new way to see it...so, I'm sharing with you!

"For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth to show Himself strong in behalf of those whose hearts are blameless toward Him." 2 Chronicles 16:9a (NLT)

The portion of this verse that has newly struck a chord in my heart is in the middle: "to show Himself strong."

What does that mean? I've been meditating on and praying about that very question for a few days now. What does it mean?

What would it mean if my brother showed up to "show himself strong" on my behalf? Well, it'd mean a few things, but somehow, the immediate visual I get includes big muscles, powerful punches and protection. It might involve pushing through a crowd, grabbing my hand and pulling me through the confusion. It might mean stepping in when I'm hurting, and putting aside his own stuff to just lend a shoulder upon which to cry.

Can you see your tender Savior stepping in to do the same for you, my friend? I can... it's a lovely thing. And what's more is that the scripture says He doesn't just do this reluctantly or when we're in a jam. No, His eyes run to and fro, and He is looking for you & I. He is looking for hearts fully committed to Him, and that's it. We just have to love Him the way He told us to...with all our hearts, our souls and our minds. And He is ready, willing, able and eager to PROVE Himself strong. Give Him a chance to show off today; let Him love on you. And praise His holy name for a heart willing to be here, for me, any moment...proving His strength and mercy.

No comments: