Thursday, September 3, 2009

Promises Kept

I came across a verse I had as a "favorite" a while ago... I'd sort of forgotten about it. While part of me has a moment of "oh no, don't forget these verses!," I am more amazed by the realization that there are so many verses like this in the Bible, I can forget some of the individual instances.

The verse:

"God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?" Numbers 23:19 (NIV)

The main point, as I read it, is "Hey, this is GOD we're talking about here. He's not going to bail on you, change His mind or flake out on ya. He promises and He delivers. Every time."

And I don't know about you, but I need reminders fo that fact again and again and again. Somehow, I manage to almost forget that so often! I call it the "pea brain syndrome." My little human "pea brain" simply cannot grasp the enormity of the concept of a truly faithful God, without fail, without wavering. His steadfastness is truly beyond my reach in so many ways.

In any case, He is who He says He is. And He DOES do what He says He'll do. Every time.

He's not like you & me. (Thankfully!)

So, I am reminding myself today that the promises He makes are kept... this includes the promises in scripture, but it also includes the tested & tried words He's spoken directly to me. The Bible reminds us that we're to test all things and retain the good, but once we have clear confirmation, we can count on God, 100%. No ifs, no buts... just YES. Yes yes yes. He is faithful - beyond my pea brained imagination, and I am SO grateful!




No comments: