Thursday, September 17, 2009

As for me...

A few words I needed to hear today...

Therefore I will praise you, O LORD, among the nations;
I will sing praises to your name. (2 Samuel 22:50)

Sing to him, sing praise to him;
tell of all his wonderful acts. (1 Chronicles 16:9)

I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness
and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High. (Psalm 7:17)

I will be glad and rejoice in you;
I will sing praise to your name, O Most High. (Psalm 9:2)

Sing praises to the LORD, enthroned in Zion;
proclaim among the nations what he has done. (Psalm 9:11)

Therefore I will praise you among the nations, O LORD;
I will sing praises to your name. (Psalm 18:49)

Be exalted, O LORD, in your strength;
we will sing and praise your might. (Psalm 21:13)

Sing to the LORD, you saints of his;
praise his holy name. (Psalm 30:4)

My lips will shout for joy
when I sing praise to you—
I, whom you have redeemed. (Psalm 71:23)

As for me, I will declare this forever;
I will sing praise to the God of Jacob. (Psalm 75:9)

Praise the LORD.
How good it is to sing praises to our God,
how pleasant and fitting to praise him! (Psalm 147:1)

He says,
"I will declare your name to my brothers;
in the presence of the congregation I will sing your praises." (Hebrews 2:12)

Is any one of you in trouble? He should pray. Is anyone happy? Let him sing songs of praise. (James 5:13)

Like me, you may notice that there seems to be some consistent direction given here. I'm choosing not to brush that off; this is a message to us all. Have you spent any time singing praise to your Father today?


No comments: