Saturday, August 1, 2009

Just Receive

Life gets so busy sometimes. I think I saw some cartoon once that said, "The problem with life is that it's just so daily." Sometimes I definitely can appreciate that sentiment!

Even in the midst of serving God and following Jesus, things can get a little hectic. There can be functions to attend, neighbors to assist, children to care for, decisions to make, and it can just keep going on and on...

Recently, after a short season in which I was immersing myself in lots of intercessory prayer and service, I felt a small whisper in my spirit. It was during worship one day and I felt like I heard Him say, "Just receive."

In all honesty, it was such a foreign concept due to where my head was in that time, my first reaction was basically "Huh?"

"Just receive."

Oooooh... right. That.

Like any quality relationship, my relationship with the Lord needs to be not only about giving and praising and serving, but also about receiving.

Do you ever need to be told to just stop everything else & just receive Him & His fountain of love for us?

It's easy (at least for me) to let so many other (worthwhile!) things get in the way...but, really, that's what it's all about: relationship with Him... and when we don't let Him relate to us within the full breadth of relationship, we not only miss out, but withhold from Him that which is rightfully His: our hearts.

So, take time out today, if you are one who needs to, and just receive.

No comments: