Sunday, November 23, 2008

Winner Take All

I have a tendency to allow life to get a little too complicated. Somehow, it seems that I easily lose sight of the simple truths of life, the simple pursuits of Jesus and the simplicity of my purpose here. I am here to serve the God Most High. I am here to do His will. I can do these things only one day at a time. I can do these things if, and only if I allow the Spirit of the Lord to fill me on a daily basis and to guide my path.

It's also easy for me to be discouraged when I think about how often I lose sight of these simple truths. I get swept up in...well, all the things of the worldly life. The to do list of "daily life" can become a master all its own.

And yet, this morning, as I think about all the ways in which I am prone to misappropriating my energy and misapplying a sense of priority, I am encouraged by 1 John 4:4: "But you belong to God, my dear children. You have already won a victory over those people, because the Spirit who lives in you is greater than the spirit who lives in the world" (NLT). It is true. Life happens. I let life get in the way...often...of what it is that I am really meant for on this earth. But living my life - even one day in my life - with my mind caught up in all the ways I could have/should have/would have is a waste. I belong to God. I am His dear child. I have already won victory over all my human tendencies, including both those that are pesky daily habits and also those that seem to threaten me in a larger and more powerful way. I am going to say that again. I have already won victory. Why? Because HE is Victory. He gave up His beloved Son so that I could have a simple option to win and walk victoriously in this world.

The Spirit that lives in me (lives in me!) is greater than the spirit who is in the world. THANK YOU, Lord. Thank You dear, dear Father.

I am safe. I am free. I am His. And my dear friends, I am not the only one. If you are His, you are victorious. For the Spirit that lives in you is greater. Greater by far.

I am so grateful.

Father, help me to walk through my day today infused with the sacred presence of Your Spirit's power. I praise You Lord for Your amazing love and faithfulness. Thank You, God, for choosing me. Thank You for clearing the path for me, My Lord. I am Yours. Thank You for loving me. Thank You for sacrificing for me. May my heart today not only feel, but truly KNOW that I am free, and that I am already victorious in You. Amen.

No comments: