Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Unfailing Love

I have recently entered what I think will prove to be a new leg of the journey for me. There are wounds and old hurts in my life that the Lord is telling me He is going to heal. I believe, He's telling me, that it's time. As I've started with my own tiny tip-toe steps down the path, I have had a more than coincidental number of reminders about the unfailing nature of God's love. Then, this morning, I came across this verse:

"The Lord delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in his unfailing love" Psalms 147:11 (NIV).

First of all, I quickly noticed (again) the reference to His unfailing love. And what does this verse instruct? To put my hope in just that. My only hope is in the fact that He loves me - without fail. And if I rest in this space, if I truly do put my hope in His love, then, He delights in me!

The message here is really quite simple, and so shall this post be. His love NEVER fails. It is the source, foundation and continuation of all hope. And when I trust in Him, when I respect, revere and entrust myself to His loving care, He takes delight in me. What could be more "win-win"?

No comments: