Friday, January 23, 2009

Keeping it Simple

Sometimes I need it to be really. I feel like it's probable that God, in His kindest tone, is sometimes probably talking to me in a really, really slow voice... maybe even that slow and loud voice we all seem to use when we're talking to people that we're pretty sure have zero comprehension of what we're saying. Sometimes, that person who just doesn't "get it" is me. Actually, lots of times...

I know I've written a lot about my fear; I have a lot of fear. And I KNOW that the antidote is believing God - believing all He says. So, as I strive to believe more and ever more, sometimes I need a really simple, straightforward reminder. (And I am SO grateful that the Word provides both deeply complex and stirring food for thought in addition to that which is sometimes best read in a slow and loud voice). ;) Better yet, sometimes those two passages are one-and-the-same. Here's what I needed today:

"But the Lord is faithful, and He will strengthen and protect you from the evil one" 2 Thessalonians 3:3 (NIV).

You may note, as I did, that no where in that clean, crisp sentence is the word "maybe" used. Nor does it refer to "sometimes" or "if you're lucky." He is FAITHFUL. Period. He WILL strengthen and protect us from the only enemy we really have. He strengthens and protects us. He strengthens and protects me. He strengthens and protects you.

Thank You, Lord. Let this sweet word simmer and live deeply in my heart; help me to believe and to know in every fiber of my being. You are faithful; I praise You! You strengthen me! I thank You! You protect me! May my walk along the protected path bring You glory! I love You, Lord! Thank You!!!

No comments: