Saturday, January 24, 2009

Great Delight & Rejoicing

Zephaniah 3:17 says, "The Lord your God is with you, he is might to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing" (NIV).

Can you imagine?!? The Lord God most high is going to take great delight in us! He is going to rejoice over us!?! Is it just me, or does that not seem just a little bit backward? I suppose that's the great part; just as I can delight in Him (and, Lord, thank You! I have many reasons to do so), He can delight in me. And, seriously, doesn't that just make you want to delight in Him all the more?!

And just as we join together in corporate and private worship, signing our little hearts out, He, too, rejoices over us. It may be a little silly, but I can't help but picture myself in church, my church family surrounding me and all of us lifting up our voices as we rejoice over Him with singing. And, friends, don't you think it's possible that He might just rejoice over us in that moment all the more? It's like a little rejoicing and singing fest between us and our Lord. I am feeling a little silly today, but nonetheless, the thought makes me smile! I hope He is smiling too!

This verse from Zephaniah is so rich! I know many of us are familiar with the phrase "Might to Save" thanks to some great worship music. And there is rich promise in those words too! Not to mention the promises that He is with us, and will quiet us with His love. What an amazing God we serve; in one teenie verse, we are given so much promise, so much adoration and affirmation! Only a God like Him could inspire such words and wonder!

It's a beautiful day here in Kansas City - cold, but beautiful! I hope your heart can rejoice with me today in absorbing the pure love of His adoration and delight in us!

No comments: