Friday, December 18, 2009

Believe Him for Transformation

As often happens, I got a gentle rebuke the other night when praying about believing God. As I've written about frequently, this is a key topic for me & my relationship with the Lord. In fact, it's hard for me to believe this isn't a key topic for all of us, whether we know it or not, but I will leave that deciding up to you!

I asked God what it was that I wasn't believing Him for lately. And His answer? Transformation.

Ah, what a good God. I forget sometimes, as I am looking at, examining and praying about my human and fallen tendencies that although I am an imperfect being in a fallen world, HE is a perfect God who has drawn us with cords of kindness. Through the sacrifice of Christ, I am not limited by an imperfect world, an imperfect will or anything else. He can make me different. He has already made me different, but that transformation doesn't have to ever stop. I need only to believe and submit to His direction. And I can be continually more and more freed from my natural tendencies and further freed to live into the beautiful creation He designed me to be!