Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Battle Owner

I'll start here:

"Then in the midst of the assembly the Spirit of the LORD came upon Jahaziel the son of Zechariah, the son of Benaiah, the son of Jeiel, the son of Mattaniah, the Levite of the sons of Asaph; and he said, "Listen, all Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem and King Jehoshaphat: thus says the LORD to you, 'Do not fear or be dismayed because of this great multitude, for the battle is not yours but God's." 2 Chronicles 20:14-15 (NASB), emphasis mine

I added the bold formatting... "Do not fear or be dismayed...for the battle is not
yours but God's."

I cannot say enough how important this principle continues to be in my own life. When I feel like it's me against the world (or me against myself!), it is SO easy to be dismayed and frustrated and, yes, afraid. But when I remember this key principle, I find His peace. We are not alone, nor are we meant to be. He doesn't send us into our battles, our lives or our days alone. Believe Him for it!!

No comments: