Monday, January 11, 2010

No Jesus, No Peace

It's part of a popular "slogan," and has been featured on many bumper stickers, and although it irks me to admit it, I must do so: that saying is really true.

If you're not familiar, the saying is this:

No Jesus, No Peace
Know Jesus, Know Peace

I believe I've written about this topic before, but I have again been struck by how difficult it must be to live life without a relationship with Jesus, and rooted in the Word. I remember realizing a few years ago that the "instruction manual" people are always quipping doesn't exist really does. The Bible provides for us direction and guidance that, when engaged as a part of and fuel for our living, breathing relationship with Christ, can and will guide us to the right path each and every time.

I've wondered lately at bickering co-workers, spouses whose relationship has fallen into disrepair and parents who find themselves at wit's end with how to approach their children...or perhaps children at the same spot in regard to their parents. How to act? What to do? Which direction to shoot for? What is the ideal worth seeking?

These are questions I know I once asked in my own heart time and time again. Now, I feel flooded with gratitude as I reflect on the fact that I know the answer to the questions. I may not know what my searching will find, but I at least know where to look to begin the search. And I am overwhelmed when I look at my non-believing friends and their dismay at how to handle life. I will do what I can to point them toward God and His ever-loving, faithful, supportive hand, but beyond that, I can only pray. And pray I do, and pray I will. My heart goes out today to those who find themselves wandering in search of a path. I, myself, wander on the path quite often, but at least I know which road I am walking.

No comments: