Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Expecting You

As those of you who've been reading the last week or two will know, I'm in the middle of a little bit of a revelatory period here. I'm seeing an important area of my life in which I've been holding onto control and focusing my attentions on a plan of my own design.

I was praying about the wholesale change I need God to help create in my heart and life in order to grow into a greater place of surrender to and dependence on His plans and His designs. I've realized that much of what makes it difficult to surrender and truly embrace His plans is a lack of trust. I feel afraid that His plan won't be as "good" as mine, or that I won't get what it is that I think I want and need as it unfolds.

Of course, these fears are unfounded...in fact, even more than being unfounded, they are flatly contrary to the truth of the Word. Yet, fear (as the absence of faith) is just that, is it not?

So, I started praying and realizing I needed to grab onto hope to get me to the place of really grabbing onto and embracing belief. I started to think about the use of the word "hope" in the Bible. This is a concept I've written about before, and love. The hope of the Bible is a hope not of wishing and wondering, but instead of expectation. And as I prayed, I realized the thing I "hoped" for more than all else was for the Lord's will, the Lord's way and His hand. The wonderful truth about this desire is that I am absolutely guaranteed that I can hope in FULL expectation of Him!

So, for today (and every day!) that is my prayer - for full expectant, overflowing, busting at the seems hope of His will, His plan and His way. I know He delivers - right on time, every time. Hallelujah!

No comments: