Friday, January 15, 2010

I'll Take it From Here, part 2

I'm going to start where I left off yesterday... if you missed it, check out this post to get yourself oriented: Part 1.

So, that gem of a verse from Proverbs? It's no surprise to me that I've found it necessary to memorize this one. Ah the Spirit knows my heart and guides me where I need to go! Check out the translation from The Message: "We humans keep brainstorming options and plans, but God's purpose prevails." I actually had to laugh when I first read that version. Ain't that the truth!

So, here's where I have found myself to be: I listened for God's will as to my destination, and once He supplied it, I went a little outlaw and worked primarily off my own best ideas and plans. And, as I've written about earlier this week, I even found myself nearly irate when God didn't seem to be complying with all the plans I'd made.

I realized that my anger and frustration were rooted in that idol I've shared about: my plan. "But this is not according to the plan!," my heart cries out. "Whose plan?," asks the Spirit. "Well, mine."

Ah yes. I keep brainstorming options and plans, but I'm not the only one with a plan: "For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." (Jeremiah 29:11, NLT)

Oh heavenly God, I am so grateful for Your plans! And thankful that even when I say, "I'll take it from here," and then find myself wandering in the wilderness, You are forgiving enough to say, "Now I will take you from here," and You pick me up and lead me aright again.

Thank You, Father, for Your grace. Help me to desire Your will AND Your way. Lord, conform my plan to Yours and let me depend on You for leading in every step.

No comments: