Monday, November 23, 2009

Circumstances being what they are...

I woke up today kinda out of sorts. I haven't had enough sleep the last few nights in a row, and that kind of pile up takes a toll on me. I had a headache, my eyes hurt and I was already running late for work by the time I woke up, so no time to workout. Not my personal favorite start to a day. So, I got up and started dragging myself through the morning routine.

Then, I was hit with a thought that I'm nearly certain came straight from God: it doesn't have to be this way.

No, I don't have the ability to magically catch up on sleep; nor can I shake this headache. However, God is good, and He is faithful, and when I zoom out just a tiny bit, I remember that He blesses me in incredible ways again and again and again. He's relentless in His love and in His favor. And I am so grateful.

So, I was reminded again that regardless of circumstance, I have the option of choosing to consider it all as joy and letting HIS truth be the truth of my day. Praise God! It'll change your life!

No comments: