Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Safe to Trust

This morning, the verse that really grabbed my attention was 1 Peter 2:6 which reads, "For in Scripture it says: 'See, I lay a stone in Zion, a chosen and precious cornerstone, and the one who trusts in him will never be put to shame.'" (1 Peter 2:6, NIV). It refers back to Isaiah 28:16, where it says that the one who trusts in this cornerstone will never be dismayed.

There are a lot of ways in which I see God's hand working in my life right now, and many of them are BIG! Questions about my future, about my purposes and about what His will is for me are often on my mind, and what's more amazing is that I feel like He is providing answers to some of my biggest questions!

This belief in His answers, however, also provides a perfect "in" for the enemy. Satan can whisper lies into my head and I would be lying if I said that those lies didn't sometimes take up residence in my heart as well. This verse, however, struck me today as a response to those lies. Jesus is that precious cornerstone in whom I can put my trust. And the Word says that I can do so, and never be put to shame. It's important for me to take note (and take hold!) of that word (never). Not that I may never feel shame or fear or anything else in regards to those precious topics; I may. But my feelings are simple by products of the lies of the enemy. What I can remember and truly let take root is that I will never really be put to shame, or be dismayed (to use the Isaiah wording) if I put my faith in Christ.

So, today, I am going to let this verse be an inspiration for me to step forward in boldness. I am protected by the Most High God, and building a spiritual house in which I shall be...no, in which I AM protected. Praise God!

No comments: