Friday, October 31, 2008

His Will, His Way

Ahh, friends, God is working on something in me. I'm going to bend my own rules and tie in two verses today. The first one should may immediately sound familiar: 2 Chronicles 20:15b (AMP) says, "The Lord says this to you: Be not afraid or dismayed at this great multitude; for the battle is not yours, but God’s." Does this remind anyone else of the same thing I've been writing about in the last few days?

I was just telling some friends last night that I feel that the Lord is really prompting me to take my little choke-hold OFF of some of the issues in my life that have long been on my list of things to keep track of. And that's my segue into the verse that first caught my attention this morning:

"Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts." Zechariah 4:6b (KJV)

As I prepare to go into my day, I wish I could claim a multitude of reasons why this is a nice sentiment, but doesn't really convict. Not so, though. It is by His spirit that things are accomplished, that all things are accomplished. My own healing, my own transformations inside and out are in His hands. I have worked (and worked and worked and worked) for decades, literally, on certain areas of my life. I have monitored with an eagle eye my progress or lack thereof in certain areas. There are certain areas of myself and my life through which I look at almost every angle of life. I have worked tirelessly to bring my heart and self into alignment with the will of God, and to follow His lead in these areas. That, however, is what the Lord is telling me is now the thing that needs changing.

This phrase right here is the problem: "I have worked tirelessly." It is not my [my] might, nor by [my] power, but by HIS Spirit that I am changed. I work so hard. I work too hard. Gosh, as I type this I think that part of the problem is rooted simply in the fact that I work. I need to yield. As the verse I used for my first entry on this blog reminds me, I need only to be still. And as the first verse today again reminds: the battle is not mine. I am working to wage a war I cannot ever be equipped to fight.

Lord, I ask for your grace and your guidance. I am fairly certain I do not know how to be still and let your hand uphold me. Thank You for fighting on my behalf. Teach me how to receive Your gifts. And, God, thank You. Thank You. Thank You! Amen.

No comments: