Thursday, October 30, 2008

*My* Position

Today's verse is actually just the first 1/2 of a verse: You will not need to fight in this battle. Stand firm, hold your position, and see the salvation of the Lord on your behalf (2 Chronicles 20:17a, ESV). The phrase that most stood out to me was "hold your position."

I recently felt led to make what felt like a bold offer to a friend, offering a possible help for a troubling personal situation in which she finds herself. My earthly mind told me I was butting in, and perhaps not being supportive by having any thoughts other than those that might be perceived as neutral. However, the Lord was clear in His direction. I made the decision to be quick to obey (I strive to always do just that, although quick often becomes a relative term!). The subject of her situation came up naturally in conversation, and I dove in - offering up my heartfelt beliefs, and rounding out our conversation with my God-inspired offer to help in a specific way.

My friend wanted some time to think about my offer, and she did. After her thought & consideration, she declined to accept it. At first, I had a quick pang of disappointment. I had stepped out on a limb, offering up my heart's deepest truths and then offering action to back them up! However, I quickly was corrected in my thoughts. My job was to listen, and to be quick to obey... to take up my position as indicated to me by the Lord of all. And then simply to hold it, and to leave the battle-fighting up to Him. After all, it is against principalities and powers of darkness which we fight, nothing less.

My earnest prayer is that as I stand firm and hold my position, that the salvation of the Lord may be made visible on the behalf of my friend. And that by me doing my part, as best I know how, that His fight will be aided. I'm just trying to come along side.

I know this verse & what I saw in it, take the verse completely out of context. I don't believe that lessons the reminders of truth though, as long as I'm remaining true to the Spirit of the Word, and to His truth. I pray to be kept in line with Him as I continue in this journey. Thanks for coming along with me!

No comments: