Friday, September 9, 2011

Learning to say, in every thing, "I thank You, Lord" has been one of the biggest and - I'm certain - most significant battles of my life.  I have, in many seasons, cried out to God saying, "Thank You, Lord!  Thank You!  I don't understand this, and it hurts so much, but I thank You, because I trust You and I know You're good!"  I have had to repeat this like a mantra through tears, through fears and much more... and still, I often have to include an admission of "I don't feel thankful right now, Father, but..." and just trust Him to work with my broken, fallen heart.  He always does.  I am absolutely convinced that, even though my emotions say otherwise at times, learning to speak out and grasp onto gratitude for His plans in EVERY circumstance has revolutionized my world - and my moments.  I am thankful once again for a God who changes my eternity, changes my life and also changes my day.  Praise You, Father!  And THANK YOU!

No comments: